Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Tie of the Year

This is the last tie I wore in 2010. Another Christmas tie and one that I acquired in the bundle I got from ebay. Our HS principal has a Santa fishing tie, too. I like his better. This is a good tie, but doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Why is Santa fishing for presents? And, why is he asleep? I hope my Barbie dream horse stable, doesn't get mold and snails on it - actually, ha ha, I meant my daughter's stable.
She did get the Barbie Jet from Santa -not a stable. It is pretty impressive. Barbie lives the lavish lifestyle. In fact, it was so impressive that "the boy" left his work with me (putting together Legos) to play Barbies. I don't think it bothered him a bit either.
When I was a kid, I played Barbies when my sister forced and only then. I didn't want it getting out that I played with dolls. My G.I. Joes might laugh at me. I'm not sure that matters much anymore. I think if a doll has something as cool as her own jet, camper, pool and animal rescue shelter, anyone can play with it and not be ashamed. Pink is in vogue right? Plus, I bet with a little duct tape we can mount some missles on the wings, turn the water in the pool to acid and paint S.W.A.T. on the camper. That'll "boy it up."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I appreciate additions to my stories, questions, and criticisms.