Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Grinch Who Stole ... my Tie.

This one is pretty self explanatory. I've admired our principal's Dr. Seuss tie, and always wanted one of mine own. Now I have two. Last year, I bought a bunch of ties for a good price on eBay and there were some Grinch ties in there. Nice Surprise. I'll wear another one in the next two weeks.

I enjoyed wearing this one today and my favorite comment was from my daughter's teacher. She asked if I was feeling like that today. Then she asked Alea if I ever acted grumpy. Of course, Alea was honest...and said I am always the nicest guy- always. OK, actually she just nodded yes. I was waiting for her to say, "Usually only at Joshua."

Alea had to come home early today with her mother. She has enlarged tonsils and a fever. The doctor prescribed her some medicine, so hopefully she will recover quickly. Poor little girl, she's been lethargic and tired all evening. There was a silver lining, however. She got to sit on my lap and snuggle while we watched ... guess what? Yep, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (with Jim Carey). We watched the first half tonight and the second half will have to be tomorrow. I do still prefer the original animated version. Snuggling on the couch watching a movie, that's a pretty good way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I appreciate additions to my stories, questions, and criticisms.